- Lamar Davenport’s attorney said in court E’Dena Hines told her boyfriend ‘her grandfather engaged in a sexually inappropriate relationship with her’
- Davenport, 30, is on trial for stabbing Hines 25 times, killing her, in 2015
- Hines was his first wife’s granddaughter; they were not related by blood
- Rumors about Freeman’s relationship with Hines have been swirling for close to a decade, but both denied it
- Davenport’s attorneys argue he is not guilty of the violent crime by reason of insanity
Attorneys representing the man accused of slaughtering Morgan Freeman’s step-granddaughter stated in court on Friday that the victim had told the defendant that the Oscar winner had a sexual relationship with her.
The bombshell revelation concerning the Shawshank Redemption star and E’Dena Hines, 33, came to light during the ongoing trial of 30-year-old Lamar Davenport, who is accused of stabbing her 25 times in a drug-fueled rage in 2015.
‘E’Dena Hines disclosed to Lamar Davenport and others that her grandfather engaged in a sexually inappropriate relationship with her,’ Davenport’s lawyer Annie Costanzo told the court, reported New York Daily News.
It is not clear at this point why the defense chose to disclose this information in open court, or how it might be relevant to the murder case.
But a therapist testified that Davenport admitted to frequent arguments with Hines about infidelity during which each accused the other of being unfaithful.
Hines was the biological daughter of a woman Freeman and his first wife adopted as a child.
They were not related by blood.
Freeman and his second wife then helped raise the girl.
Rumors about Freeman and Hines have been swirling for nearly a decade, beginning in 2009 when The National Enquirer published a story alleging that the Hollywood A-lister was involved in a years-long affair with his step-granddaughter.
The magazine also quote a friend of hers saying she wanted to marry the actor.
Three years before Hines’ violent death, it was reported that Freeman was planning to marry her, but they both vehemently denied being romantically involved.